We would like to offer you a safe RIPE Meeting environment, taking into account local COVID-19 measures. Please keep checking this page for COVID-19 related information, as the measures applied can change.
It is mandatory to carry proof of ‘3G’ (proof of vaccination, having recovered or tested negative for COVID-19) status in Germany.
As of 1 April 2022, minimal COVID-19 regulations apply in Berlin.
- All facilities in the guest areas of the hotel including meeting venues and restaurants can be accessed without proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test (i.e. without the ‘3G’ measures).
- It is mandatory to wear an FFP2 face mask when using public transport, in pharmacies and in post offices.
We strongly recommend that you check the information published by the relevant authorities for the latest COVID-19 updates before travelling to and attending RIPE 84.
Onsite COVID-19 Measures
We strongly suggest you are fully vaccinated, recovered or tested negative before attending RIPE 84.
- Lateral flow self-tests are available at the registration desk. Please test yourself during the event.
- You can pick up FFP2 masks from the registration desk. Masks are mandatory on public transport and on the shuttle bus to and from social events.
- Use a colour-coded sticker to show your social distancing preference. Please respect the space and preferences of your fellow attendees.
- Seating arrangements specifically keeping in mind social distancing are available at the back of the meeting rooms.
What to do if you test positive for COVID-19 during the event
- Please do not enter the RIPE 84 event area.
- Please inform your hotel.
- Please inform the RIPE 84 Organisation Team. We will keep your information confidential and only use it to inform other onsite attendees without revealing your identity. Revealing this information is not obligatory but will help minimise the spread of the virus, and help us have a safe meeting. We will only keep your personal data for one week after receiving the report.
There are several testing locations in the vicinity of the meeting venue.